Professional Learning Grant
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan - Professional Learning Grant Statement 2018/19
The purpose of the Professional Learning Grant (PLG) is to give schools the capacity to enable practitioners to make the required changes in advance of the new curriculum.
In line with this, the funding should be used to support areas such as:
- The general release of teachers and TAs to engage in professional learning activities;
- The remuneration of individuals, creating roles and posts, to support the coordination of PL activities across a school or group of schools. These roles would support colleagues, departments or whole school approaches to critical enquiry, change management and SLO activities;
- The release costs for practitioners to engage in research activities and critical enquiry, funding release time to investigate the implications of the new curriculum for their own teaching and assessment practice;
- The release costs to enable practitioners to collaborate both within school and across clusters and networks of schools – engaging with collaborative professional learning and collaborative planning;
- Supporting the development of the roles such as school (or cluster level) Professional Learning Coach.
In 2018-19 Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan were allocated a total Professional Learning Grant of £21, 868.
We have used the funding available to us as follows;
- Professional Development of all staff linked to the development of Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan as a learning organisation. This is within the school and across the cluster of schools.
- To cover for the release of teaching and support staff to attending training on and offsite in preparations for the new curriculum. This has included the support of further cluster working focussing on the 12 pedagogical principles.
Should you require any further detail regarding this grant please do not hesitate to contact Mr Ed Howarth, Assistant Headteacher, Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan.