Professional Learning Grant
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan - Professional Learning Grant Statement 2019/20
There is an expectation of this funding to help schools meet the demands of the new National Approach to Professional Learning (NAPL) and enable investment in the elements of this model. E.g. it enables investment in practitioners’ individual professional learning journeys and investment in collaboration.
The funding is to be targeted at the learning required by teachers and learners to prepare them for the new curriculum.
The expectation of the funding is that every practitioner is given the opportunity to engage with professional learning utilising the funding. It is not reserved exclusively for the use of teachers and leaders and should be used, for example, to also enable access to professional learning for teaching assistants.
In line with this, the funding should be used to support areas such as:
- The general release of teachers and TAs to engage in professional learning activities
- The remuneration of individuals, creating roles and posts, to support the co-ordination of PL activities across a school or group of schools. These roles would support colleagues, departments or whole school approaches to critical enquire, change management and SLO activities.
- The release costs for practitioners to engage in research activities and critical enquiry, funding release time to investigate the implications of the new curriculum for their own teaching and assessment practice.
- The release costs to enable practitioners to collaborate both within school and across clusters and networks of schools – engaging with collaborative professional learning and collaborative planning.
- Supporting the development of the roles such as school (or cluster level) Professional Learning Coach.
In 2019/20 Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan has been allocated a total Professional Learning Grant of £36445.00
We are using the funding available to us as follows:
- Professional Development of all staff linked to the development of Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan as a learning organisation. This is within the school and across the cluster.
- To cover for the release of teaching and support staff to attend training on and offsite in preparation for the new curriculum. This includes the support of further cluster working focussing on the 12 pedagogical principles.
- To create additional professional learning posts within the school.
Should you require any further detail regarding this grant please do not hesitate to contact Mrs L Evans, Assistant Headteacher, Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan.