Bullying is never acceptable. If you, or somebody else that you know, is suffering because of the way that someone is treating you, please speak to a member of staff. Help will be available.
Everyone at Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan has the right to feel welcome, secure and happy. Only if this is the case will all members of the school community be able to achieve to their maximum potential. Bullying of any sort prevents this being able to happen and prevents equality of opportunity. It is everyone’s responsibility to prevent this happening.
There is no justification whatsoever for bullying behaviour and it should not be tolerated in any form. Differences of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and ability are absolutely repudiated as reasons for bullying.
The Right Start
The school’s Right Start Code focuses on the rights that all members of our school community have.
Dare to Achieve
We want a happy, responsible and fair school which is respected by the community and raises achievements for all.
In this school:
- All learners have the RIGHT to learn.
- All teachers have the RIGHT to teach.
- Everyone has the RIGHT to be safe, both emotionally
Learning Behaviour in Classrooms
In our classrooms we want learning to always be the focus. To achieve this we want:
- A positive and punctual start to all lessons with
everyone well prepared for learning.
- A calm and focused atmosphere so everyone can
- Friendly and helpful relationships based on respect.
- Learners who are keen to be successful learners.
- Mobile phones only used when agreed by staff.
- Learners engaged in lessons. —For all to respect each
other at all times.
We reward attendance and punctuality, working hard, great progress in learning, great behaviour and following the schools code.
Out of Class Behaviour
In our school learners:
- Respect and look after our school environment.
- Walk on the left – no running in school.
- Enter classrooms as soon as possible and stand
behind the chair quietly until told to sit down.
- Create a positive bus environment and pass on any
problems or concerns at school.
- Play sports and games sensibly.
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Support the school to be a healthy and happy place.
Caring for Ourselves and Others
By working together we can:
- Make sure that school life is fair for all by following
the Anti-Bullying Code.
- Be non-judgemental with each other and respect
each others’ viewpoints, agreeing to disagree
- Respect each others’ strengths and weaknesses and
help each other to improve upon our weaknesses.
- Use PDP and assembly time to develop positive
behaviours and discuss issues that come up.