Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is a Healthy School and learners are encouraged to make healthy choices.
School Meals are provided by Shire Catering who offer a wide range of high quality food for sale at breakfast, break and lunchtime. Choices include:
- A traditional counter (meat or vegetarian)
- A pasta bar
- A salad bar
- A deli bar
- A selection of sandwiches
Menus are developed by Shire Catering staff that require:
- food is not reheated
- main meals are prepared without the use of convenience foods
- a selection of fresh vegetables and salads is provided daily
- restrictions are placed on food high in fat, salt and sugar
- ingredients are produced from within the local area where possible, not just from a local delivery company
- we only provide milk, juice and water-based drinks for beverages.
Appetite For Life
Appetite for Life is the Welsh Assembly Government’s plan for improving the food and drink provided in schools in Wales. See here for more information.
Lunch Menu Tariffs
Hot Meal Deals
Build Your Own Lunch
This is a new lunch concept every Wednesday. The topping element will change each week and will be advertised on the counter.
Epics £1.60 Baguettes £1.60
Chips £1.00 Pizza £1.00
Mini baguettes £1.00 Radnor/carters 65p
Muffin 70p Cookies 70p
Large water 60p Small water 50p
Large fruit pot 80p Small fruit pot 60p
Ice lolly 60p
Grab and Go
Soup & bread £1.00 Pizza £1.00
Chicken baguette £1.60 Cheese & tomato panini £1.60
Cheese bagel £1.50 Garlic bread £1.00